Welcome to Afghanistan's first mobile money transfer service. With M-Paisa from Roshan, you can send and receive payments or top up your account, easily, safely, and conveniently, right from your mobile phone!
M-Paisa is an innovative mobile money transfer and payment solution provided by Roshan that enables you to send and receive cash as well as makes payments anytime through your mobile device in a faster, cheaper and secure environment.
It is a service offered on a platform that is robust and easily scalable with the capacity to integrate with other platforms to offer you quality service and pleasant experience.
M-Paisa Services are available countrywide and we have established and are supported by the largest agent network in the country.
With M-Paisa, you can enjoy any of the following secure, faster and convenient services;
- Send money anywhere anytime in Afghanistan in an easy, fast and secure way.
- Buy airtime for self or for others from your M-Paisa wallet or from an M-Paisa agent location
- Withdraw cash from your mobile wallet at any M-Paisa agent outlet or partner institutions; ATMs located everywhere across the country
- Pay bill for electricity, medicine, cable TV etc. from your phone and save time
- Make Merchant payments for your shopping, groceries, air ticket and other services rendered.
- Pay loan for Micro Finance Institutions’ loan through this pay loan option. This saves on time and cost of travel and improves on rates of repayment
- Process Salary Payments directly to a recipients phone
- Access your Bank Account from your phone and move funds to your M-Paisa wallet. You will be able to move funds between M-Paisa and Bank account if you have linked your bank account to M-Paisa.
How to Register
To start enjoying these wonderful services, register for FREE at any of our authorized M-Paisa agents countrywide. The following documents will be required:
- Roshan SIM Card (Mobile number)
- Tazkira (national Id) original copy
- Recent passport size color photo.
M-Paisa has partnered with other business institutions to offer M-Paisa services from their premises.
Visit an M-Paisa Agent to;
- Deposit cash into your M-Paisa wallet
- Withdraw cash from your M-Paisa wallet
- Buy Airtime for your Roshan mobile number. This service is available to both registered and non-registered customers
- Register to access M-Paisa services.
Find below the locations where you can find Agents and Merchants offering M-Paisa services in Afghanistan.
M-Paisa and Bank Partnerships
M-Paisa has entered into agreements with local commercial banks that allow M-Paisa customers to carry out cash deposit and withdrawal transactions at their branch.
Customers can access M-Paisa agency services (cash deposit and withdrawal) from most of the following bank branches: Azizi Bank, AIB Bank and AUB Bank.
- Do I need to get registered again if my SIM is already registered in Roshan?
Yes, even when your SIM Card is registered, you will need to activate M-Paisa services by registering at an agent location.
- Will I be charged to register for M-Paisa?
No, M-Paisa registration is free of charge
- Can I have two accounts at the same time?
No, according to regulations issued by the Da Afghanistan Bank, an M-Paisa customer can only register and maintain one account at a time.
- Can I register for M-Paisa if I am not a Roshan customer?
M-Paisa is a service offered through Roshan. To register for M-Paisa, you need to have an active Roshan SIM Card.
- I have forgotten my PIN, what do I need to do?
You should call M-Paisa Helpline on 313 (Roshan Users) or 0799971313 (Other Networks) for help on PIN Reset.
- Can I keep other currencies like Dollars in my account?
No, according to regulations issued by the Da Afghanistan Bank, M-Paisa is only available on local currency.
- Can anyone else use my M-Paisa account if I’m not available?
M-Paisa accounts are secured through a secret PIN code only issued to you. So, no one can have access to your M-Paisa a account without your PIN. However, during the process of registration, you can introduce a beneficiary via the registration form who can be granted access to your account in your unavailability.
- Do I need a bank account to have M-Paisa activated in my phone?
No it’s not mandatory to have a bank account; in fact M-Paisa offers you more services and convenience than a bank account.
- Can I access money in my Bank account through M-Paisa?
Yes, you can link your M-Paisa wallet to your Bank Account. This way, you can transfer money from Bank to M-Paisa and vice versa as well as check your bank account balance.
- Do I lose my money if I lose my SIM Card?
No, your money is intact even if you were to lose your SIM Card. It is advisable to immediately call M-Paisa Helpline to have your account frozen.
You can then visit a Roshan outlet to replace your lost SIM Card and re-activate M-Paisa services.
- What do I do if I send money to the wrong M-Paisa account?
Customers are advised to keenly follow the pop up messages after every transaction to conform every transaction. However, in the event that this happens, immediately call the M-Paisa Helpline for help.
- Can I withdraw Money from an agent location if I have forgotten my ID card/ NID (tazkira)?
No, it is a regulatory requirement to identify yourself before a withdrawal transaction can be processed by an agent.
- Can I buy Airtime for other mobile operators?
Currently, you are only allowed to buy airtime to friends and family members holding a Roshan SIM Card.
- What are the M-Paisa transaction charges?
You will find M-Paisa service charges at any agent outlet, M-Paisa website or by calling the M-Paisa Helpline.